You are here: Home> Archives [July
2012] Click here to
print this page
Guest Puzzle July 2012 "Writer's Blocks" by Roger Wolff
Fourteen answers need to be modified before being entered into the grid. If you can't figure out how to make the modifications and are 19 Across, then perhaps you should try it.
(If you are having trouble printing these puzzles, you can download an Adobe Acrobat version of the puzzle and grid).
1. Was I moving around author?
5. Amazing leap over middle of little river
10. A cuter born-again priest
11. A government prosecutor follows
innocent one in dance
12. Wired oddly?
14. In France, know to appreciate flavor
requires a bit of insight
16. Admit "fact," i.e., is false (2 words)
18. Laze about with vigor
19. See instructions
20. Stop the leftovers!
22. Baked treat from spoiled bread, mostly
24. Missing last of molars; in need of
25. Tipsy Danes in a car
26. Pay for $5 topless dance
27. Fat discovered in carrot underground
28. One that needs breakfast food in a
29. Spouse returns, losing foot in snare
2. Put on creamed cheese around top of
3. Parent regarding horse
4. Animal doc carries small coat
5. Real thugs massacred butcher
6. Without a piece of soap, work very hard
7. Same boa crushed small animals
8. Danger of first of triplet's heart bursting
9. Incredible luck! A seal
13. Prepping a plane, perhaps, by small
dent around top of engine chip
15. Stop Garth from Wayne's World with a
17. The French follow flying acts of rook
19. Leader of Denmark's boat is a recruiting
tool for the Navy?
21. Large mammal from western states
22. Unhappy recounting covers funeral
23. Bug missing in small group